In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Finance Manager to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding Southern, at our site/office. As our Finance Manager you will provide support to the Finance Director in providing accurate and timely financial information to all stakeholders for decision making and purposes and assist with the smooth running of the finance team. This will involve weekly and monthly reporting on cash and financial results. The role will also involve working with the junior members of the team and providing support where necessary. You will join a welcoming and friendly team.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a proven track record in producing concise management information
- Experience of financial reporting within a large organisation
- Team Management
- Strong systems experience
- Cash management and forecasting experience
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Variance analysis and interrogation
- Able to produce information accurately and to the stipulated deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and possess commercial awareness to effectively communicate at all levels
- Experience of implementing new processes and procedures and consistently challenging such processes to improve the quality of output
- Experience of joint venture accounting
- Good understanding and experience of financial governance and compliance
- Construction or Housebuilding Industry experience
- Knowledge of VAT, DRC and CIS
- Experience of using COINS would be beneficial.
More about the Finance Manager role…
- Preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis with the aid of an Assistant Accountant
- Business Partner with Sales, Operations and Commercial to drive performance of business
- Provide support to the Finance Director in production of monthly Board packs
- Monthly Joint Venture reporting both internally and to JV partners
- Preparation and input of journals, prepayments and accruals.
- Short to medium term cash forecasting
- Performing month end reconciliations and providing account analysis.
- Finance Team Management
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports to Group.
- Manage and collate audit queries for half year and full year audit
- Support future system implementations and upgrades
- Any other finance duties as directed & required.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Central 40,Lime Tree Way, Chineham Park, Basingstoke, RG24 8GU