Do you have an analytical mindset and enjoy problem solving?
Do you have experience in financial management?
Are you passionate about getting the most value and driving efficient growth?
If you answered “yes” then you should consider a career as a Senior Finance Analyst at HMRC, we are looking for people like you to join the Enterprise Cloud Service Team (ECS).
We are transforming and growing to enhance the HMRC Cloud Centre of Excellence offering, and we are a diverse team of 80+ individuals, creating a dynamic and inclusive working environment whose skills cover Architecture, Development, Service Design, Operation and Governance.
See what it’s like to work at HMRC: find out more about us or ask our colleagues a question. Questions relating to an individual application must be emailed as detailed later in this advert.
FinOps is an evolving cloud financial management discipline and cultural practice, and as the Senior Finance Analyst you will play a critical role in enabling HMRC to achieve maximum business value from the Cloud.
Working as part of a centralised ECS FinOps team you will be at the heart of embedding a FinOps culture in HMRC, driving best practices into the organisation through education, support, and standardisation, working collaboratively with key partners you will take responsibility for making decisions on delivering proposals to drive Cloud Cost Optimisation to multiple customer groups.
You will help customer groups harness the value of their data, harmonizing disparate individuals and teams by building productive and trust-based relationships to drive appropriate customer behaviours and effectively manage customer complaints to ensure that processes, policies, and cost optimisation initiatives are adhered to.
- Provide organisational governance, and support ECS FinOps customers to understand, manage and control Cloud spend.
- Support ECS FinOps processes through data analysis, reporting, and tracking against key activities and performance metrics.
- Support Finance Business Partners with planning and reporting activities, operating, and monitoring Cloud budgets, and chargeback processes.
- Proactive in making the ECS FinOps Lead aware of issues before they are escalated.
- Maintain third party software tools to support Cloud cost analytics and optimisation.
- Maintain ECS FinOps training and knowledge repositories
Travel to other locations will be required for this role.
- Strong financial management skills, including billing and cost optimisation experience
- Strong data analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in stakeholder management, establishing strong relationships, acting as a point of consultation and escalation to resolve conflict in complex situations
- Experience in facilitating face-to-face and online customer forums
- Sound understanding of Microsoft Excel up to advanced level (formatting, LOOKUP, valuation, equations, manipulation, and pivot tables being important for analysis)
- A basic understanding of Cloud computing and consumption-based service concepts, and Cloud Cost Optimisation techniques
- Expertise in financial management tooling (preferably Cloud based)
- Fundamental understanding of PowerBI (loading data; visualising data; slicers, filtering, and bookmarks)
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to improve the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us, and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make an exciting career at HMRC accessible to you.
Where it fits with your role, you’ll have the opportunity to work from home for two days per week, or more where the business agrees.
Salary: £42618 per annum
Job Category: Public Sector & Services