In a Nutshell…
We have an exciting opportunity for Factory Operatives to join us within Vistry Works at our brand new East Midlands Factory in Coalville, Leicester. In this role, you will be working as part of a team in our Timber Frame Factory, producing timber frame panels for housebuilding in accordance with production schedules. You will have the opportunity to rotate amongst various work stations, handling the timber frame from delivery to finished product.
This role will operate from Monday to Friday on a 6am to 2pm shift with paid breaks and 30 mins unpaid lunch break (37.5 hours total). We will be moving to rotating early/late shifts from 2024.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- £11.71 per hour initially, rising in 50p increments as skills training achieved to a max of £13.21 per hour
- Additional productivity bonus of c£1 per hour after initial training period
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- No formal qualifications are necessary; however, a flexible approach and a willingness to learn and work within any stage of the production line is essential
- You may have already worked in a production environment, achieving production deadlines and working to robust targets
- You have an ability to work under your own initiative and take instruction from your Supervisor to complete all reasonable tasks as required
- Ideally, you will have previous manufacturing experience and are comfortable working within a factory environment, preferably with experience in the timber frame industry
- You will be competent with pneumatic hand tooling, using a tape measure and all manual handling
- You will be comfortable working as part of a larger team and will always be willing to support others where required
- You will have excellent attention to detail, ensuring that all panels are produced to the quality required to be delivered to our sites to be erected
More about the Factory Operative role…
- You will be working on a semi-automated manufacturing line, producing open panel timber frame wall units using Weinman specialist carpentry machinery
- You will have the opportunity to rotate around various departments gaining new knowledge and skills; this will involve cutting materials, inserting thermal insulation into pre-fabricated wall panels, stapling, inserting lifting straps, fitting plasterboard and wrapping finished product ready for transportation
- You will have a natural focus on Health and Safety within the factory environment, and a focus on working within the procedures set out in our Health and Safety policy
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Bardon II Unit 2,Victoria Road, Coalville, LE67 1FA