Salary: £10.85 – £10.85
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced External & Grounds Cleaning Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in all external areas
- Maintain tidiness of all stairs, doorways, outbuildings, pathways, roads etc.
- Clear all areas of fallen leaves using required equipment i.e power tools / hand tools
- Ensure the campus is free of litter, discarded pallets & packaging
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards
- Empty all bins/ash trays, ensuring they are clean and in good repair.
- Wash site signage and bus shelters periodically
Complete ad hoc portering tasks
- Carefully move resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- Set up rooms and equipment as required
- Provide support with setting up resources for University of Greenwich events
- Drive vehicles to make deliveries across campus and between campuses
- Accurately complete daily paperwork and file accordingly
- To ensure refuse bins are put ready for collection for the refuse collectors.
- Ability to show a professional attitude to whatever jobs carried out.
- A good knowledge of health and safety
- Positive attitude
- Willing to succeed.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible with prioritising skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Comfortable to work in all weather conditions. (PPE Provided)
- Ability to handle and look after powered equipment correctly and safely. E.g. ride-on scrubber drier, leaf blower, petrol driven outdoor vacuum. (training will be provided)
Location: Chatham, England