In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for an Intermediate Estimator to join our team within Countryside Partnerships West, at our Emersons Green, Bristol office. As an Intermediate Estimator you will be responsible for working alongside other members of our Pre-Construction team to evaluate and secure land opportunities to deliver the company’s development programme/ objectives. The successful candidate will come from a housebuilding, residential contractor or building/groundworks background and be experienced in pricing work from first principles as well as utilising supply chain information.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Experienced in pricing work from first principles as well as utilising supply chain information
- A proven track record in a similar position within a housebuilding, residential contracting, building or groundworks business.
- Experience working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to utilise current and new networks to develop the business
- Strong commitment to achieving deadlines
- Able to work efficiently, on own initiative, prioritising as necessary
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
More about the Estimator role…
- Secure land opportunities within our market sector and geographic operational area to generate contracting work with values ranging from £5m to £30m.
- Align opportunities to our “Partnerships first” development model
- Become a key member of our Pre-construction team, reporting and adding value to our fortnightly pipeline and Development progress meetings.
- To maintain and develop working relationships with our local and national supply chains.
- Work closely with Procurement, Commercial and Construction teams to ensure 360’ feedback.
- To deliver information in a professional manner to promote the business in our area of operation.
- Initial appraisal of development sites based on information provided. Assess risks and opportunities, establish viability.
- Develop a strategy with the team and manage the measure and financial element of the development.
- Supporting value engineering or negotiating exercises where required.
- Update financial appraisal at key stages of the development process – including offer stage, acquisition approval, planning application and planning approval stages.
- Financial modelling of cost and revenue streams to determine funding requirements of each development.
- Monitor cost movement and maintain pricing rates.
- Establish standard house type costs and maintain library.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: First Floor, H2 Harlequin,Emerson Green, Bristol, BS16 7FN