Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
Shift hours: Full Time
Up to £50,000 depending on experience
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business &; Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Environment Manager to join our team in Chertsey. As The Environment Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the business complies with all relevant environmental legislation and developing processes and tools to support the business in meeting the current, and up and coming, legislation. You will also be responsible for overseeing our environmental management systems, including maintaining of our ISO 14001 accreditation, and managing our approach to single use plastics and food waste management
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation inc; Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) obligations, Single Use Plastics Directive, Plastics Packaging Tax, Deposit Return Scheme.
- Manage UK & Ireland legal reporting requirements, including packaging waste regulations, SECR, and carrier bag reporting
- Maintaining and updating the Compass Group UK & I Environmental Toolkit.
- Maintaining our ISO 14001 accreditation.
- Provide support to ensure compliance with our ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System at site-level
- Maintaining and updating the Compass Group UK & I Single-Use Plastics Guide.
- Ensuring that we meet our WRAP UK Plastics Pact obligations.
- Managing our Food Waste strategy.
- Ensuring that we meet our WRAP Courtauld agreement waste obligations.
- Completing Compass Group PLC environmental reporting requirements.
- Keeping our senior operators and frontline teams updated on changes to legislation, processes or tools.
- Assist with the maintenance of the environment section on the internal HSE website
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the environment.
- Strong communications skills.
- Self-motivated and manages own time effectively to meet agreed targets.
- Promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing and can work both independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team.
- Ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way.
- Degree (BSc) in Environment or equivalent.
- Current with all UK Environmental legislation.
- Considerable knowledge of ISO14001.
- Considerable understanding of single use plastics.
- Proven ability to effectively build relationships and influence internally and externally.
- Understanding of WRAP programmes.
Location: Chertsey, Surrey