Salary: Attractive hourly rate plus benefits.
The ELV Operative is responsible for handling and processing End of Life vehicles safely and compliantly whilst providing excellent customer service and managing stocks efficiently.
- ELV operatives will need to be fully trained in all aspects of ELV operations including FLT licence, small tools and vehicle depollution.
- The ELV operative will greet customers at the ELV drop off areas and inspect the vehicles.
- Inspection of vehicles to assess if they need de-polluting and will check to confirm if the vehicle is complete to inform pricing.
- Perform out turns on each vehicle confirming what has been removed using the mobile device provided.
- Store all commodities removed from vehicles in the correct manner including:
– Batteries in battery boxes
– Wheels stacked on pallets and shrink wrapped once a full pallet completed
– Cats with barcode stickers added and placed in secure storage.
- Weigh out batteries, wheels and Cats on a regular basis as sales are despatched.
- Achieve daily targets on the number of vehicles per day to be depolluted.
- Carry out accurate valuations of catalytic converters with training to be provided.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards so that the ELV building and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Play an active part in depot safety performance through being a safety leader on-site.
- Identify, report and deal with hazards. Challenge unsafe behaviours and ensure compliance with all EMR SOP’s.
- Previous experience of a vehicle depollution/metal recycling activities is preferable but not essential
- FLT experience preferable
- Ability to use a hand held portable tablet for recording information
- Previous car mechanic experience beneficial
- The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect.
- Capable of assessing information
- Experience of working in a fluid environment where priorities can change and flexibility is essential.
Hours per week: 45