Early Years Business Support Officer – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Early Years Business Support Officer
- Job Location: Shire Hall, Block 3, 3rd Floor
- Salary: £24,054 – £25,409 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 5395
- This post is not open to job share
About the role and team:
The Early Years Business Support team must ensure there is sufficient high quality sustainable childcare provision across the maintained, private, voluntary and independent sectors across the county of Gloucestershire.
The role supports the Early Years Sufficiency & Business Manager
- To gather and collate data and information reports for
- Weekly and termly reporting to DFE
- 2-year funding eligibility take up monitoring and tracking
- Childcare sufficiency reporting
- Ofsted monitoring and reporting
- Place planning and 106 contribution information
- To support Early Years managers with information in response to situations as they occur.
- Receive, monitor, input and respond to Ofsted information and data, raising queries / concerns where appropriate
- Ensure providers complete all necessary returns and analyse data to aid planning and monitoring sufficiency and sustainability of provision
- Ensure that new providers are set up with a Provider Portal Account and all required start up documentation including Nursery Funding Provider agreements are issued to providers
- Regularly monitor and approve, as required, updates from childcare providers onto Self Update Portal as received
- Support the EY development officer to carry out annual monitoring and support calls to all Childcare Providers offering Out of School and Holiday provision
- Support the Nursery Funding Team (at set periods to be agreed with the Early Years Sufficiency & Business Manager) with the Nursery Funding payment processes including critical payments to promote sufficiency throughout the year
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are commensurate with the grade and nature of the job
As part of the annual appraisal, outcome based targets will be developed in conjunction with the post holder and will supplement this job profile. The job profile will be subject to regular review and the council reserves its right to amend or add to the accountabilities listed above.
To be successful you will need excellent organisational skills to allow you to prioritise workloads and ensure our service levels are maintained. We also need your customer-focused nature to help build working relationships with our stakeholders. You’ll also bring your data analysis and manipulation skills to ensure the administrative output is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
Education & Qualifications
- Good level of literacy and numeracy, equivalent to Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Further academic/professional qualification, equivalent to BTEC National/NVQ3 in an area such and Business Administration or Finance
- NVQ3 in Business and Finance or equivalent
For all your hard work, you will receive the following:
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 25.5 days’ annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years’ continuous service
- An option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly employer offering benefits to help support you and your family
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
How to apply:
If you feel you have the skills, desire and experience required to make a positive difference then please submit your application and personal statement today by clicking the “Apply Now” Button.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sarah Spencer via email at email@example.com
Closing date 4th June 2023
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Early Years Business Support Officer Job Profile
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.