Salary: £10.69 – £10.69
Shift hours: Full Time
To provide the day to day services required to support the Distribution & Logistics functions at GSK Stevenage. This would include but not be limited to, Goods Inward / Stores functions, movement of consumables (including kanban), and solvents.
- Customer & Client Focus: Deliver exceptional customer service to build valuable long-term relationships with customers and clients.
- Impact and Influence: Communicates to build relationships and interacts appropriately with others.
- Continuous Improvement: Seeks to continuously raise standards and improve quality of performance and service.
- Working with others: Works effectively and professionally with others to achieve the desired results. Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and management; team work is key in this role.
- Adherence to all company & client policies and procedures, site rules and regulations
- Receive and process incoming goods/items (consumables, solvent) ensuring appropriate receipt, handling, labelling and storage as required and provide timely onward distribution.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries and paperwork conform to purchase orders and administrative requirements.
- Ensure that all received items are undamaged and examined appropriately according to safety and security requirements.
- All inventories are kept within safe, agreed levels as determined by license
- Operation of computerized databases and systems to ensure that reports are accurate and complete to comply with regulatory and business requirements.
- Facilitate the provision of data for monthly reports on performance and service delivery
- Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with compliance guidelines and retention periods are consistent with regulatory and business requirements.
- Drive and operate departmental and company vehicles as required once trained and competency checks undertaken
- Operate equipment (x-ray inspection machines, mechanical handling equipment, fork lift etc) according to instructions, training and procedures.
- Ensure regular checks of the equipment and machines used during the working day. Any faults/defects to be reported to Line Manager
- To report any non-conformances, delays to Line Manager
- Liaise on a daily basis with other members of the D&L team
- Work to GxP practices where applicable
- To attend training sessions appertaining to the post and ensure this training is documented in your training file.
- To maintain own training file ensuring any training requirements relevant to the role are current or requested for refreshed as necessary.
- Actively participate in team huddles/comm-cell meetings and proactively report customer and process feedback (VOC/VOP).
- To maintain a clean and tidy area at all times
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate service excellence
- Complete any Helpdesk requests within the set time frames
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance, ensuring the company uniform issued is worn at all times
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations
- Comply with all company & client procedures relating to Health & Safety & safe working practices
- Start work on time and adhere to break times whilst on duty
- Represent and promote the Company wherever possible
- Provide support and cover for all departmental operations as required and to other departments as requested and reasonable
- To perform other reasonable duties as deemed necessary
- Complete monthly inspections of all areas of responsibility.
- Identify areas for improvement within site and escalate appropriately
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the company’s standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- During the course of his/her duties the post holder may have access to, or witness confidential information, which must NOT be divulged to any unauthorised person at any time.
- General good health / fitness consistent with ability to perform all of the above functions
- Stores, supply chain and logistics experience ideally within a pharmaceutical industry
- Good basic education
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service personnel to achieve results
- Reasonable level of computer literacy. (knowledge of Microsoft Office software or software packages used would be an advantage)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and able to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Strong team player with a flexible approach and experience in a high-quality customer service operation
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Able to complete relevant paperwork according to principles of Good Documentation Practice
- A basic knowledge of COSHH, IOSH, Health and Safety requirements within a logistics environment
- A clean UK driving license
- Experience of using hand-held scanning devices.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental legislation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to train new staff and to give guidance to team members
- Experience within a customer-facing environment
- Growth, Client & Customer Satisfaction / Quality of Services provided
- Rigorous management of results
- Commercial Awareness
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
Location: GSK Stevenage, England