In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Development Engineer to join our team within Countryside Partnerships Manchester & Cheshire East, at our office in Warrington. As our Development Engineer you will be working for one of the UK’s major housing developers and will be co-ordinating the production of engineering design information and provide on-going engineering and technical support to other departments within the business.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Extensive experience of working in the construction industry / housebuilding.
- HNC / degree in an engineering / construction related subject.
- Experience of managing external consultants and design teams.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver work to a high standard.
- CSCS card or equivalent.
More about the Development Engineer role…
- Review technical information and reports for potential new land opportunities and provide input into initial development feasibility appraisals.
- Commission site surveys, technical investigations and reports from external consultants and the design team.
- Obtain consultant fee proposals and monitor expenditure against agreed budgets.
- Provide technical input into specifications for demolition, remediation and site preparatory works.
- Coordinate and contribute to the provision of design information for earthworks, roads, sewers, building foundations and development levels.
- Review engineering design information and ensure all design solutions are the most cost effective and practical, and comply with the relevant building regulations and warranty provider (NHBC) standards.
- Liaise with highways and water adoption authorities to seek Technical Approvals for Section 273/38 road designs and Section 104 sewer designs.
- Collate and issue drawing packages and construction information for both tendering and construction works in an orderly manner and to the required timescales.
- Assist in the negotiation and release of engineering related planning conditions.
- Attend and actively participate in design and progress meetings as required for each development.
- Undertake regular site visits to complete inspections with relevant authorities and contractors to ensure that works are carried out to the required standards.
- Liaise with consultants on a regular basis to ensure that validation / verification reports are available when required.
- Assist with progressing the adoption of roads and sewers.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 301 Bridgewater Place,Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6XG