Shift Hours: 40 hours –
40 FTE £25,000 per annum
Do you dare to make a difference?
We know working in care is more than ‘just a job’. To us its playing a crucial role in enabling the people we support to live their best lives.
Unlock your potential by joining our team as a Deputy Manager at Chosen Care Yew Tree House.
You can expect;
- Recognised qualifications with paid training
- Flexible working patterns
- Inclusive culture with progressive wellbeing support
- Unlimited referral scheme £300 per person!
We are currently looking for a Deputy Manager to join our team in Blakeney.
Chosen Care provide support to adults with Mental Health conditions, Learning Disabilities and other complex needs. We focus on individualised packages of support to enable people to reach their goals of achieving and sustaining their level of independence, this is through community inclusion and partnership and working closely with community teams.
Our Yew Tree House property supports 9 adults with varying needs such as mental health conditions, epilepsy, physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries and learning disabilities. Days are spent supporting people to learn new skills or to find motivation to regain lost skills. This may be shopping, cooking, budgeting and other daily living skills. Our staff also support to attend to community responsibilities, such as medical appointments, attending college or voluntary positions or maybe just popping to town for window shopping and a cuppa. When not out and about staff are on hand for chats and advice to help when times become challenging.
The Deputy Manager Role
As a Deputy Manager, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person-centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be a front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Deputy Manager is required to respect and work cooperatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the manager in staff development and delivery of training.
- Leading the staff in promoting each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life.
- Monitor and assist the effective delivery of group and individual activities within homes that address agreed client goals and the progress of clients against agreed outcome and well-being measures.
- Some on rota responsibility
- Ensure that liaison with external parties within their areas of responsibility is coordinated effectively with the home manager to ensure that communication is effective and consistent within the home.
- Work in accordance with Company values, policies and procedures, legislation and national minimum standards.
- Meet agreed individual annual objectives.
- Promote each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life
- Experience required
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a minimum of a Level 5 NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care or working towards this
- Experience of leading, supervising and motivating a team
- Experience in supporting adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
Apply today or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org