At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Establishing a new division under the Data & Analytics umbrella, we are bringing together technology platforms within the team under an experienced Data Product Manager. We are looking for a candidate to hit the ground running and support the core capability within the wider Data & Analytics function. The role will be responsible for data platforms which are integrated and supported by the Data Engineering group. These data products are aimed at an internal audience spanning all business divisions with a key focus on the immediate analytics and data science community and offer the opportunity to demonstrate innovation and creativity blended with an advanced technical knowledge.
You should be experienced with modern data platforms including data pipelines and visualisation & business facing data platforms. You will also therefore be capable of providing strong technical leadership to bring the roadmap to life. This should be in addition to a strong core foundation in data technology with exposure to DataBricks highly valued. The role is responsible for guiding the development and strategy for technology, recently onboarded into the business, as well as the data assets that are created by or ingested by these platforms which are designed to specifically support business capabilities.
You will regularly partner with analysts, data scientists, engineers, designers and most importantly business stakeholders. As such you will be expected to interpret and understand the requirements and ways of working for those you are supporting, ensuring the most effective solution to the challenge presented. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about staying up to date with the latest and greatest in technological advances and have the creativity to consider the applications within a business environment.
- Technical lead for the data product roadmap responsible for platforms and the development of data products supporting teams across the business
- Work quickly to prototype, experiment and innovate designs and capabilities to iteratively develop and learn how to serve the data-needs most effectively at Burberry
- Manage, support and develop data developer(s) to increase coverage and expand the reach of the team in delivering against the Data Product roadmap
- Creation and maintenance of documentation covering all engineering work
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Product and/or Data organisation
- Experience designing and delivering a Data Product roadmap
- Experience with a modern, visual data exploration or BI tool (eg: Looker, PowerBI, Tableau) is very highly valued
- You should be a problem solver with the ability to work collaboratively and adaptively
- Strong data competence in the context of an eCommerce / Retail business including the appropriate consideration for data protection and privacy
- The ability to understand and clearly communicate with experts in SQL and Python
- Experience liaising and building relationships with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to deconstruct issues and develop creative solutions to deliver the maximum value
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work in a collaborative fashion while handling and prioritising multiple requests
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.