In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Service Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships North East Midlands, at our Leicester office. As our Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for clearly identify defects within the NHBC and other warranty providers standards and bring to a satisfactory resolution for both parties through communication with Head of Customer Services. You will be able to confidently demonstrate build knowledge and understand defects within a new build environment. This role will include the management of our maintenance operative team, overseeing their schedule of works, arranging regular meetings and best practice sharing, managing their vans, purchasing & uniform requirements. The role will also require assistance in managing our Housing association and sub-contractor relationships, arranging meetings and feedback as appropriate, and ensuring both understand our procedures within the department. You will also be involved in our contra-charging process with our subcontractor’s, ensuring money is recouped to reduce our overall spend.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Background in a managerial customer services role
- Experience in face-to-face customer interactions and complaint resolution
- Experience within Customer Service / Build within Residential Housebuilding
- Well-developed communication and time management skills
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service, both written and verbal
- Good Excel skills to allow for creation and manipulation of reports.
- A “can do” positive attitude
- Brings solutions and identifies opportunities – challenges the norm
- An organised, flexible approach to their role
- Able to move from task to task, recognising priorities and acting quickly as required
- Team Player – happy to assist others both in the team and across departments
- Driving Licence
More about the Customer Service Manager role…
- Delivering the customer journey through educating, process improvement and the implementation of The Vistry Way and the associated initiatives and procedures.
- Review our customer satisfaction measurement through data provided by NHBC National New Homes Survey.
- Liaising with site and sales teams on any customer issues.
- Responsible for overseeing and delivering a 5* service in accordance with The Vistry Way, to ensure Vistry Homes achieve a 5* Housebuilder status.
- Demonstrate empathy where appropriate and clearly communicate the Vistry Homes policies and procedures on any issues raised.
- Ensure that our customer service system is utilised fully and by using the data and reports available, provide feedback internally and with our contractors.
- To be conversant with/have knowledge of, our Standards of Finishes, NHBC Standards and Building Regulations.
- Diary management to ensure customer visits are booked in a timely manner.
- Overseeing our operative schedule, ensuring appointments are appropriately booked for time and distance
- Overseeing our Housing Association relationships and assisting with End of Defect inspections.
- Ensure compliant with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external parties.
- To attend internal meetings where appropriate such as Project Meetings and Sales Build meetings, to discuss customer issues and identify potential build concerns that could impact our customers.
- Manage budget and cost control in line with defined budget parameters.
- Monitor completion of any defects/issues reported within the two year warranty period in line with the company guidelines.
- Provide training/assistance to Customer Service personnel, ensuring that all appropriate soft skill, IT, Technical, Health & Safety training has been provided.
- Supervise works in progress to ensure that they are completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with the agreed programme.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Penman House, 1 Penman Way,Grove Park, Leicester, LE19 1SY