Salary: Highly competitive salary plus benefits
Here at EMR our aim is to be the global leader in the provision of sustainable materials and the foundation of a world class customer experience. Do you have a proven history of developing and improving business processes and systems?
We are looking for a strategic Commercial General Manager – Business Analytics within our Industrial Services Management Team.
At EMR forward thinking is key and this is the ideal opportunity for a candidate who has a proven background in analytics along with the commercial understanding to work and interact within our wider team to build market data and identify existing and new market trends.
Ideally you will be located in the North / North West as travel will be required to our EMR Sheffield office and alternative EMR sites on occasion.
Collaboration You will be build and maintain relationships with the Purchase, Sales & Operations Planning (PS&OP) Team. Line manage the Account Co-ordination Manager and indirectly, the team of Account Co-ordinators
Making things happen Your decision making track record will produce a high quality flow of information within a timely manner based on intelligence and is able to facilitate data improvements and enable evidence through commercial and operational insights to support service performance and financial decision making.
Deliver analysis and insights, identifying risks and opportunities to support decision making. Build a data driven understanding of the buy markets of each industrial sector in terms of availability, market share and competitive pricing.
Reporting of open purchase positions to Commercial Teams, allowing for sales and hedging transactions. Quantify and review costs, reporting against contracts, grades and sector to measure and drive performance. Develop processes and tools to carry out data collection.
Communicating Provide management information to conduct performance reviews. Document, systemise and analyse sector purchasing strategies and monitor the execution and effectiveness in order to learn from the performance.
- Degree in Business Studies, Business Administration, Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong data modelling techniques and advanced Excel skills
- Proficient problem solver
- Experience of delivering meaningful reports and dashboards using Power BI, Tableau or similar data visualisation software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated with an ability to work under direction or independently
- Working knowledge of financial accounting
- Understanding of material resource sectors, particularly metals, is preferred
Hours per week: 45