In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join our team within Countryside Partnerships North West Midlands, at our Wolverhampton office. As our Commercial Assistant you will be responsible for assisting the commercial function in an administrative capacity, the primary role being creation and management of customer care purchase orders/payments which will include the management of cost recovery. Secondary role will be to provide the commercial department with admin support as and when required to ensure it operates accurately and efficiently in accordance with agreed timetables.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- 3 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths and English
- Experience working in a commercial business environment
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills and organisation
- Strong mathematical and IT ability
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work to high degree of accuracy
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in working in a fast paced, changing environment where priorities can change daily.
- A good communicator/listener
- Good team working skills
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- BTEC diploma or certificate in administration / finance
- Experience working for a residential house builder ideally within a payment processing environment
- Basic understanding in using COINS housebuilding software
More about the Commercial Assistant role…
- Generate Customer Care Purchase Orders and ensure correct documentation submitted.
- Processing of Customer Care Invoices on monthly basis.
- Check invoices are correct for VAT or materials/labour deductions for tax purposes.
- Management of Cost Recovery via COINS system.
- General administration tasks related to the commercial function as noted by the department heads.
- Telephone communication with site staff, suppliers and other departments.
- Maintaining necessary systems to efficiently file and retrieve information and to allow others to do likewise in accordance with the Business Management System
- Assist with the issuing of sub-contract orders in accordance with Group Policy
- Ensure sub-contract invoices/applications for payments are processed in accordance with Standard Terms and Conditions of Contract.
- Dealing with general enquiries from other departments within the business.
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 3rd Floor,i10 Wolverhampton Interchange,Railway Drive, Wolverhampton, WV1 1LH