In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join our team within Countryside Partnerships London West, at our Ealing office in London.
As our Commercial Assistant you will report into the Commercial Director and be responsible for supporting to the wider Commercial teams and assisting in the day to day running of our Construction software package, COINS.
Any previous experience of COINS is desirable.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicting demands
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of other databases and Oracle/Coins preferable
- Knowledge of 4Projects preferable
- Ability to successfully engage with a wide range of stakeholders
More about the Commercial Assistant role…
- Assist the buyer with the procurement of materials and site consumables.
- Work with project teams to identify key bulk material requirements and maintain procurement tracker
- Assist with invoice queries and general admin
- Assist site teams with initial site set up with the preparation of low value orders
- Processing, tracking and storage of sub-contract documentation (authorisation forms / executed sub-contracts / Variation Forms / Final Account Statements)
- Processing of subcontractor retention releases.
- Contingent workers : Ensure all relevant paperwork, registers and payments are maintained.
- Customer care : Assist in raising orders, payments and maintaining contra charge register.
- Adoptions & Utilities : Assist in raising order, payments and ,maintaining company registers.
- Aged debt : Review and co-ordinate action to reduce across department
- New subcontractor accounts – Set up forms and information required.
- Sundry/Single payments
- Collating meter readings for site utilities and checking bills for payments.
- Administering BT rebate recovery on completed sites.
- Assisting Department Head in closing down old/completed projects
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Aurora House,71 – 75 Uxbridge Road, London, W5 5SL