In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Commercial Administrator to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding Thames Valley, at our Reading office. As our Commercial Administrator you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Commercial Department, and ensure it operates accurately and efficiently in accordance with agreed timetables, whilst assisting with the team providing admin support as and when required.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- 3 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths and English
- Experience working in a commercial business environment.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills and organisation
- Strong mathematical and IT ability
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work to high degree of accuracy
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in working in a fast paced, changing environment where priorities can change daily.
- A good communicator/listener
- Good team working skills
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- BTEC diploma or certificate in administration / finance
- Experience working for a residential house builder ideally within a payment processing environment
- Basic understanding in using COINS housebuilding software
More about the Commercial Administrator role…
- Input and retrieval of data from the in-house computer system.
- General administration tasks related to the commercial function as noted by the department heads.
- Telephone communication with site staff, suppliers and other departments.
- Dealing with general enquiries from other departments within the business.
- Maintain the group age debt report for the region to keep debt to a minimum.
- Attend meetings with contractors for aged debt resolution.
- Maintenance of electronic filing systems and archiving when necessary.
- Sort and process incoming and outgoing post to include date stamping in line with HMRC requirements.
- Check invoices are correct for VAT or materials/labour deductions for tax purposes.
- Log queries on invoices to suppliers through to credit or payment.
- Process electronic/paper invoices in line with the groups 3-way payment process.
- Produce and maintenance of supplier and subcontractor statements in relation to their accounts.
- Arranging and communicating monthly Forecast meeting agendas.
- Maintain and update supply chain documentation.
- Resolve contractors queries
- Process all Sales Extras orders within 2 days of receipt
- Obtain quotations for bespoke Sales Extras items when requested by Sales Team
- Obtain and maintain up-to-date pricing matrices from Sales Extras suppliers for new and existing developments, including applying relevant cost uplifts
- Record relevant Customer Extra pricing for tender reviews
- Monitor and update CQMS audit bi-weekly to ensure consistent Contractor compliance on sites
- Liaise with new Contractors to obtain and submit required information/documentation to set them up on CQMS portal
- Distribute relevant SHE alerts and general notifications to contractors and monitor for response
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Thames Valley Park,550 Oracle Parkway, Reading, RG6 1PT