We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Are you looking to further develop your leadership skills in a role where your creative skills can flourish?
Perhaps you are seeking a new challenge working with children and young people?
A next step, full of opportunities to develop and support others to thrive?
Then we hope this new and exciting Club Leader role is for you!
CamPlay is part of the Community Support Service, running clubs for Children and Young People aged 6-19 years across the county of Cambridgeshire.
We have Saturday clubs and youth clubs running at weekends and holiday clubs running during the summer, Easter and Christmas school holidays, supporting a wide range of children and young people with a learning and or physical disability. We provide a safe, fun and engaging place where children and young people can play, make friends, get out into their local community and develop lifelong skills in preparation for adulthood.
CamPlay clubs run in Chatteris, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech, Huntingdon, St Neots, Cambridge and Grafham Water.
What our families say about CamPlay…
“I enjoy going to CamPlay in the Holidays. I enjoy the activities and the trips and I like to see the staff as they are all really friendly” – young person aged 11.
“S absolutely LOVES going to club. Every session he comes out and says it was the best one yet and is already looking forward to the next one. He talks about his friends from club all the time at home and feels really safe enough to challenge himself and do things he wouldn’t do at home.” – Parent.
“She has developed a lot of confidence, her speech has improved significantly. She enjoys both the holiday club and Saturday club, has developed friendships, created a positive routine for herself during the weekends and has something to look forward to in the holidays”. – Parent.
About the role…
You’ll be motivating, leading and supervising a team of Play Workers and Play Leaders. You’ll be involved in the planning, preparation and delivering of Clubs including rotas of clubs, activities, events, equipment and resources. You’ll be leading and developing clubs, giving children and young people the best experiences at CamPlay. You’ll create a space where independence, communication, choice and decision making is at the forefront of everything we offer.
CamPlay is a dynamic and fast paced service, but it’s a very friendly and supportive team.
“Watching the Management Team work over the summer honestly made me realise what a dedicated team I work for which is brilliant and very inspiring! Seeing get stuck in and n a variety of situations does bring home what a great service we are and I am proud to work for you all”. – Club Leader
The role is 20 hours per week and will include weekend working but this will be on a rotational basis – so not every weekend. When our Holiday Clubs are running you’ll be leading these clubs. You can chose to work additional weekends on a relief contract.
- Creative, fun and full of enthusiasm
- Experience of supporting children or young people with a disability
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills
- Reliable, motivated and able lead a diverse team
- Dedicated to delivering inclusive services to children and young people with additional needs
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving
- Able to travel freely around the county
- Flexibility to work weekends and during summer, Easter and Christmas holidays
- Passion for leading teams and groups of people
- Understanding of play work principles
- Understanding of the significance of safeguarding and procedures
What we can offer you..
- 20 hours per week of flexible working around your schedule and our service requirements
- Additional Club Leading £12.70 p/h or Play Working £11.18 p/h work during weekends and school holidays
- Bespoke induction and mentoring program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Monthly supervision, support and regular team meetings
- A creative, dynamic and supportive team to work within
- Opportunities to shape and develop our services
“CamPlay is a really nice environment to work in. The Managers and Club Leaders not only give praise to the group but will always take time to highlight good practice and successes for individual staff members” – Play Worker
We’d love you to give us a call and have a chat about the Club Leader role and our service. We can tell you much more about how wonderful it is to work at CamPlay.
You can call us on 01480 379800 or if you prefer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We only have 4 contracted Club Leader positions available so please do not hesitate to contact us
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.