BEDFORD – RCW
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in our Bedford / Cambridgeshire based children’s homes for Residential Support Workers.
Are you a caring and compassionate person with the desire to help children & young people, by making a positive difference to their lives?
What we can offer you as a Residential Support Worker at Cambian Group
· £11.00 PER HOUR – £11.62 PER HOUR Depending on Qualification
· Full or Part time hours
· No qualification required as full paid training will be provided plus additional mentoring, support and development planning to enhance your career
· Full Time, Part Time and Bank Positions available
· £30 Sleep in rate (2-3 sleep ins per week)
· Overtime paid at increased rate at time and a half
· Typical shift patterns tend to be 8am to 11pm plus sleep in working on average 169 hours per month if full time hours chosen.
· We are happy to discuss part time hours or flexible working hour to suit your and your own family’s commitments
· Driving licence required for this role due to locations of home and requirement to meet the needs of children
Full enhanced children’s and adults DBS paid for by Cambian, Full Training provided – 10-day paid intensive induction training course, face to face and online learning to support your development
What to expect when working in our children’s homes: –
No working day is the same, you could be out supporting family visits, meeting with social workers, Planning activities and events or supporting our incredible children and young people within their daily lives and choices.
Although we love experience we care looking for real people to create a family environment for our children, are you great at being calm in situations? Offering advice? A good listening ear and have the ability to show unconditional positive regard. Then we want to hear from you!
Cycle to work scheme
Discounted or free food
Supplemental pay types:
Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: On the road
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 42 per week
Salary: £11.00-£11.62 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Luton, Bedfordshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
Residential Childcare: 1 year (preferred) – but not essential
Support Environment: 1 year (preferred) – but not essential
NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (preferred, but not essential)