Salary: £23,568 per annum, pro-rata
Job Type: Permanent – Part Time
Permanent, Part Time (20 hours per week)
Our brand new refuge in Central Bedfordshire provides a safe haven for women and their children fleeing domestic abuse. We can accommodate up to 10 women, with or without dependent children.
We are now looking for a Children, Young People & Families Development Worker to deliver a person-centred, age appropriate, strengths-based support to children and young people who are affected by domestic violence and abuse and living in our domestic abuse refuge accommodation.
You will manage a caseload of children and young people through their journey and help them realise their true potential. You will process referrals into the service and complete risk assessments and safety planning, considering the wellbeing and development of the parent and their child. You will offer support, advocacy and information to all children and young people and produce individual support plans that include actions identified and required from the assessments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Level 3 Health & Social Care qualification.
- Have proven experience of working with children and young people.
- Have proven experience of caseload management, with a clear focus on outcomes for customers and their wider community.
- Have experience of organising and providing appropriate play and other activities.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the impact of domestic violence on children and young people.
- Be able to build and develop supportive relationships with women and children, maintaining professional boundaries.
- Be able to work positively and creatively with support needs.
- Have exceptional communication skills, able to work in a professional manner with a number of different agencies.
Female applicants only under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 – Section 9 – Part 1 (A) as a genuine occupational requirement.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be flexible in your approach, working hours on a five day rota, which may include bank holidays as well as evenings and weekends when required.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.