In a Nutshell
This is a two year programme helping to develop your from a Commis chef to Chef de Partie level upon successful completion of the programme.
- Experience our extensive range of Exclusive kitchens
- Learn from the very best banqueting professionals
- Practice advanced pastry techniques
- Work in our fine dining restaurants
- Prepare dishes for high profile clients
- Work with a wide range of quality produce
- Visit our extensive range of suppliers
- Learn how to source quality ingredients
- Develop your kitchen management skills
- Enter external competitions and raise your profile
- Build your leadership skills
- Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa, Bagshot, Surrey
- Royal Berkshire Hotel, Sunninghill, Ascot
- Lainston House Hotel, Winchester, Hampshire
- Fanhams Hall Hotel, Ware, Hertfordshire
- South Lodge Hotel & Spa, Horsham, West Sussex
- The Manor House Hotel, Castle Combe, Chippenham
Lots to do and lots of fun
- To assist the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
- Assist with all food preparations as delegated by the senior chefs
- To follow all recipe guidelines and standards as set by senior chefs
- To contribute where possible and assist in the production of suitable innovative menu designs for the relevant event or area of food service within the hotel
- To ensure the quality of food is of the exceptional standard expected when dining at the hotel
- To continually strive towards achievement and improvement
- To assist on other sections or help with other duties when required
- To arrive for duty on time and with clean and hygienic presentation and in compliance with company grooming standards
- To ensure the CDP is kept aware of any relevant feedback from either the hotel guests or hotel staff
- To be aware and have an understanding of specified food GP margins and ensure these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the senior chefs
- To be aware and assist the CDP in monitoring and controlling the quality of produce throughout food production
- To work in clean and tidy fashion ensuring that wastage is kept to a minimum at all times
- Demonstrates Knowledge of the Exclusive Hotels and Venues Brands
- Is an ambassador for the company
- Consistently delivers company standards
- To be aware and have an understanding of all relevant law and legislation with regards to food handling, storage, hygiene and health and safety
- To bring a proactive approach to your work by researching new techniques, methods and ideas to keep us at the forefront of the industry
- Produce food on a consistent basis leading to strong reputation and brand and ultimately repeat custom
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- A Certificate in Catering
- A true passion for food!
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Ability to work under pressure in a hot environment
- Ambition to succeed, willingness to work hard and strong desire to learn
- Assist the team to maintain quality, standards and cleanliness
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Commitment and mobility
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.