Location: Whitstable Road, Canterbury, CT2
Up to £13.22 per hour
We create a culture of encouragement and support so that our service continually reflects our curiosity and desire to improve. Our catering teams at each school are supported by the strength and depth of knowledge of our support office and operations specialists.
We make time for our teams, nurturing them with our training programmes, rewarding their talent and allowing them the freedom to truly express their creativity. We’re always on the lookout for new and improved ways of working, with our school communities at the heart of everything we do.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Assist the Head Chef/Sous Chef in the kitchen operation and ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Manager
- Contribute to the development and planning of menus, including future food trends and be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- Support Manager with stock taking when required.
- Carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- GCSE level education or above
- NVQ qualification as a minimum level 2
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Flair and innovative with menus and food presentation
- Good listening skills