Salary: €9.50 – €9.50
Shift hours: Full Time
To take responsibility for organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food and beverages within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with Food Hygiene Legislation.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot meals and beverages following the departments HACCP procedures and in compliance with the Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Provide special dietary requirements where necessary.
- Take into account preference of individual clients.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold snacks outside of planned meal times at the request of clients.
- When required prepare and cook specialist meals or beverages for patients in accordance with their nutritional assessment, and patients individual likes and dislikes.
- Operate a clean as you go policy
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness
- Ensure that the cleaning schedules are followed and checked daily
- Provide training as necessary
- Complete all training as required by the department.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained at the correct level to ensure a smooth service.
- Complete monthly stock takes.
- Discuss menus with clients and staff
- Inform clients and staff of menu changes
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Liaise with patients, encouraging and guiding them into making food choices.
- Discuss dietary needs with Dieticians and Nurses
- Takes food orders from patients communicating the available options directly to the clients.
- Liaising with Patient Service Manager
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys quarterly
- Communicate with and supervise other members of the cook team.
- Attend weekly meetings with Trust staff and PSM.
Budgetary /Financial Control
- Ensure that stocks are managed, including stock rotation and stock taking.
- Ensure the correct and economical use of materials
- Ordering of all stock.
- Checking of all deliveries according to the HACCP procedures in place
- Keep waste to a minimum.
- Work within financial targets.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies.
Training and Development
- Attend all mandatory training as required
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
Health & Safety
- Ensure that statutory Health & Safety is followed
- Ensure Trust Healthy & Safety policy is followed
- Ensure the Food Hygiene (General) Regulations and Food Hygiene (temperature control) Regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure all HACCP documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored effectively
- Ensure that all cleaning is carried out according to the cleaning schedules and is effective
- Report illness of an infectious nature
- Report accidents and incidents according to Trust policy
- Promote safe working practices
- Report faulty appliances and other potential hazards
- Carry out risk assessments if required
- Provide cover for colleagues on occasion
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all policy and procedure
- To work as part of a team
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
- City and Guilds/NVQ 3
- Level 4 food safety
- Knowledge of Special Diets
Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of food preparation for a similar client group
- Day to day decision making
- Planning of work schedules
- Multi tasking
Location: Stockton on Tees, England