Salary: £28208 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
We’re recruiting an experienced Mess Manager who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service, and who can confidently oversee all Compass Group UK&I catering and service operations for Defence on a full time basis, contracted to 37.5 hours per week.
As a Mess Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our kitchens and service counters run smoothly and helping to deliver truly incredible food experiences. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your catering career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as Defence’s next Mess Manager? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious food to the highest standards
- Supervising our culinary and catering teams to ensure we continue to deliver impeccable food and customer service
- Overseeing the efficiency of all in-unit catering operations, including managing inventories, monitoring budgets, and implementing action plans
- Communicating regularly with your line manager to monitor KPIs and targets
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Identifying opportunities for new food or service concepts to drive sales
- Liaising between customers and our culinary and service teams to ensure we continue to exceed expectations
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams.
Our ideal Mess Manager will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Have a minimum of two years of catering experience
- Have experience managing teams in a similar role
- Hold an NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Demonstrate brilliant financial acumen
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill