Salary: £10.90 per hour Plus Paid Mileage
It is essential for this role that you have a Full UK driving licence and a vehicle
Swan Care & Support do not hold a visa sponsorship licence therefore, applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK, and/or require a visa sponsorship to continue working in the UK, cannot be considered for this role.
We are now recruiting for Care and Support Assistants to join us covering Colchester and Tendering areas. Whether you are new to care or an experienced carer we would welcome you into our award-winning team. We offer full ongoing training. In this role you will be making a difference to people’s lives daily and go home with that job satisfaction!
We are not just care…We are the rapid response service with an Outstanding CQC rating! Our CQC “outstanding” rating has been achieved partly because our staff are involved in how we shape our services every step of the way.
We provide care and support to people on a short-term basis to prevent them from going into hospital or to support them when they are discharged from hospital. We also provide short term support for people waiting for a longer-term care package to be put in place.
We work alongside health partners at Colchester Hospital and within the local community plus social care to provide short term support to people in the Colchester and Tendring areas e.g. Wivenhoe, Elmstead Market, Mersea, Great Bentley, St Osyth, Frinton.
Main Purpose of Job:
Helping customers in your local communities with their home care needs. Encouraging independence and supporting them to thrive with care tailored to their own specific needs.
- Provide person-centred care to our customers, helping them with their medication, personal care, moving and handling and promoting independence.
- Have conversations with our customers to make a service that makes a difference to their lives
- Record the support provided and your interactions with our customers at each visit
- Work with the customers, family members, friends and other professionals as and when appropriate to ensure that their goals are being met and they are happy with the support we provide
- Participate in our amazing training programme to ensure that we all provide safe, effective and caring services to our customers
For the above post you will need to have the following:
- Full, UK licence and access to a vehicle
- Excellent social skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Passion about meeting a person’s needs in a way that they want them to be met
- Basic IT skills, use of email and to be able to update activity on our care app
Once you have joined us and have become part of our amazing team, you’ll benefit from the following:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday (bank holidays worked are paid double time) (holidays are pro rata for working part time hours)
- Option to buy 5 days extra annual leave
- Contributory pension
- Real living wage employer
- Life Assurance
- Bupa Healthcare
- Free Employee Assistance programme
- Full shift pay – this includes travel / wait time
- Paid mileage (35p per mile)
- External Blue Light Card discounts that you can get access to
- Perkbox discounts
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- We pay for your initial and ongoing DBS checks
- Free Uniform, PPE and mobile phone provided
- A comprehensive induction programme, including the care certificate if you do not already hold it.
- Ongoing funded training to support you in your role as well as personal development to specialise in your chosen area of care and support.
We have a 2-week rolling rota. Shifts are made up of 7am – 3pm and 3pm – 11pm and every other weekend. Flexible working days available.