CareTech is a person-centred Care Company, which provides quality of care to children and adults. We enable children, young people and adults with complex needs to make their own life choices, and to develop confidence and independence to live, learn, thrive and engage, building a better future.
We refer to this as Extraordinary Days, Every Day.
*£2000 Welcome Bonus
*£1000 Recommend a Friend
We have a new opening for an experience Registered Home Manager to oversee our Adult Residential Services. Within these services, we support individuals requiring various levels of support around both learning difficulties, mental health and other diagnosis. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional support, enabling them to have fulfilled lives, gain further independence and achieve positive outcomes. You will need to have proven experience of working in a similar environment and position.
Home Manager Responsibilities
- To be responsible and participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
- To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service.
- To maintain effective communication and liaison with staff, service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
- To promote positive and personalised outcomes of Service Users
- To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
- To deliver a high level of quality support to Service Users
- To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
- To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
- The successful candidate for the role will have
- Previous experience of working with people who have Learning Disability/Mental Health and/or
- Relevant professional qualification (Level 5) / accredited vocational qualification
- Experience of managing budgets and budget control
- An understanding of and commitment to providing Equal Opportunities
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & social Care legislation, including the Mental Health Act.
- Demonstrable evidence of supporting people in a person centred way.
- A high level of literacy, numeracy and administrative skills together with well-developed communication skills both verbal and written as well the ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CQC Compliance standards and the desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
- Friendly, passionate and caring nature
- Positive, pleasant and approachable
- Empowering others to develop and live fulfilling lives
- Person Centred, allowing our children to explore & utilise their own strengths
- Innovative, by using or showing new methods and ideas
Rewards & Benefits
- Full Time Contract
- *£2000 Welcome Bonus
- *£500 Recommend A Friend Bonus
- Up to 28 Days Holiday
- Full induction programme
- Dedicated learning & development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics for self-development of your career
- Free DBS Check
- Stakeholder Pension
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee Recognition Schemes
- Career progression within the company
- CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
If you have not heard from us within 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
*T&C’s paid following the successful completion of a 6-month probation period
West Bromwich – Care Home Manager [SYS-2351]
Location: West Bromwich, B71 4AQ