In a Nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for a Buying Manager to join our team at Vistry Southern, based at our head office in Basingstoke, Hampshire. As our Buying Manager, You will ensure the efficient running of the materials and purchasing function. Focus on the co-ordination of the buying department with other departments to ensure all packages are bought, to the right specification, on time and on budget whilst maintaining full compliance of the Best Practice procedures and the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policies.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- A proven background in a purchasing role
- Experience of working on extra care developments.
- Ability to build productive stakeholder relationships
- Ability to communicate well with individuals at all levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work on time, within budget
- Commercially astute with a proven ability to manage costs
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Experience of using COINS
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office packages
More about the Buyer role…
- Ensure quality and performance of materials fall in line with acceptable standards.
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Encourage and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with supplier and manufacturers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure the best prices, service and product.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- To purchase where appropriate in accordance with Group purchase deals
- Identify and “take off” where necessary materials.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials.
- Advise Surveyors costs for budgetary purposes.
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, progress the delivery of supplies in order to comply with the site building programme.
- Resolve any discrepancies that may arise between orders, goods received and invoices. Also make decision on this account and authorise payments.
- Attend Site Meetings at key stages in order to review general progress on site and to decide on any future action necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst maintaining commercial awareness.
- Establish, monitor, and ensure payment of negotiated rebate agreements as allocated.
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
- Liaise with other departments and disciplines to establish or improve supplier and inter-department relations
- Experience mixed tenure developments, contract housing and extra care developments.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Central 40,Lime Tree Way, Chineham Park, Basingstoke, RG24 8GU