In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding Kent, at our West Malling office. As our Buyer you will be responsible for the procurement of materials and plant to the Company’s exact requirements, ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates within the available budget allowance.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- A proven background in a purchasing role
- Ability to build productive stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work on time, within budget
- Commercially astute with a proven ability to manage costs
- Able to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to schedule materials
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to work under pressure, and accept criticism of work
- Good team working skills
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- Working towards professional membership (CIPS or equivalent)
- Knowledge of construction regulations and legislations
- Knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Experience of COINS desirable
- Proficient in MS Office packages, experience using bid writing software is desirable
More about the Buyer role…
- Ensure quality and performance of materials fall in line with acceptable standards.
- Consolidate purchases of materials to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Encourage and develop wherever feasible, negotiated agreements with supplier and manufacturers.
- Inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- To purchase where appropriate in accordance with Group purchase deals
- Identify, measure and schedule materials where necessary.
- Send out enquiries for materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials.
- Advise Surveyors costs for budgetary purposes.
- Support the site management team with call offs as well as plant, prelim and supplementary material ordering.
- Resolve any discrepancies that may arise between orders, goods received and invoices.
- Attend site at key stages as well as attend month project meetings.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst maintaining commercial awareness.
- On site material stock takes, that are valued and then passed onto the project surveyor.
- Assist the surveying team with cost reporting
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
- Liaise with other departments and disciplines to establish or improve supplier and inter-department relations
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 11 Tower View,Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4UY