Salary: Competive Salary
Shift hours: Full Time
Business Development Manager
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager who will ensure excellent delivery of proactive sales.
As a Business Development Manager, you would be an excellent communicator and financial savvy with a real passion for food. You would be a cheerleader for your prospect customer’s vision of food partnership, internally to develop winning bids in a collaborative environment.
At Compass you’ll get every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Generate new business opportunities to drive sales and profitability in line with budgetary targets.
- Manage all ‘steps of the sale’ confidently and competently from first appointment to site survey, proposal compilation to presentation and following successful bids to secure signed contract and thoroughly hand over to operational team.
- Initiate and foster impactful relationships within our target segments, create sales solutions to meet customers’ needs and convert business in a timely manner to drive sales and profitably.
- Management of the bidding and internal approval procedures to ensure commercially sound, competitive, and profitable financial deals.
- Proactively seek and identify sales opportunities to ensure we maximise new business growth.
- Providing support national / regional group bid opportunities in a supportive and conscientious manner.
- Work closely with the Insight Sales team to source new leads and secure business through pro-active approaches i.e. face to face meetings and/or phone sales meetings.
- Manage projects, develop solutions, and respond to complex, large business private and public tenders.
- Carry relevant site visits, presentations and reviews as required to secure new business opportunities
- Weekly/monthly reporting on individual performance against budget and call targets.
- Deliver Monthly revenue activity reports
- To update and maintain client and prospect database, conforming with company requirements regarding IT systems and CRM policy
- Candidates must have a valid driving license
- A strong track record of generating sales in a B2B sales environment
- Results orientated with a proven track record of high performance
- Excellent organisational, time management and team working skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrating strong commercial awareness and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
- Computer literate – adept at using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets, CRM tools, databases, and presentations
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously and effectively
- Effective strategic, analytical, and decision-making skills with innovative and creative ideas
- 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Educated to degree level qualification
- Knowledge of selling contracted services within food service, retail and facilities management industries
- Operations experience
- Private and public sector experience
- Sector specific experience
At Compass Ireland, our people are our business. When you join the Compass Group you will be joining a supportive network of incredible individuals, each united by their passion for going the extra mile for the organisations we partner with. We are building a team who care about providing a great customer experience and want to grow and develop as we do. We are dedicated to investing in every member joining us. Apart from competitive salary, we offer
- Free meals while at work
- Career Pathways to support career progression and/or skills development
- Perks shopping discount Card which can be used across the Island of Ireland to save at various restaurants, high street stores, hotels, day out venues, leisure centres, gyms, golf courses and many more
- Learning & development programs available alongside access to hundreds of online training courses for personal and professional development & growth
- Flexible Working to support Work Life Balance
- Additional Leave Purchase scheme to balance home and work life
- Access to wellness programs to promote mental health and wellbeing of our colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program to guide and support our employees
- Exciting internal reward and recognition schemes
- VHI Healthcare discount
- Life assurance cover
And many more benefits
Compass Group Ireland offers the best of both worlds – being empowered by a strong, global organisation, whilst maintaining the personal touch of a local company adept at tailoring ideal catering solutions for each one of our clients.
We are a leading foodservice and hospitality provider across the Island of Ireland. We believe in creating meaningful food experiences for our clients and customers. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide clients with a wide range of innovative dining solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.