Founded in 1968 Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are currently looking for a Bid Writer to join our Rail team in Abergavenny covering the Wales and Western region.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with the Bid Manager and Bid teams, to produce bids, presentations and any related business development materials as required.
The Technical Bid Writer is accountable for, but not limited to the following:
- Preparing technical responses including their integration and co-ordination within project bids. Working with operational teams to develop winning solutions and assessing resource and material requirements to enable them be planned, programmed priced.
- Working to meet project bid submission deadlines
- Assisting where required in the completion of pre-qualification documentation in conjunction with the relevant functions within the business
- Compliance with all applicable legislation, Network Rail and Group Standards
- Liaison with Contracts Managers, Site Agents, clients, designers as required
- Creating high quality proposal documents
- Assisting in the preparation of SWOT / win Theme analysis for tenders
- Documenting any historical work relevant to tenders and elaborating on the business experience
- Input into the post tender analysis process
- Maintaining the programme of deliverables and report to the Bids Manager
- Supporting the tender process including review of pre-tender information, planning, estimating and quality submissions
- Ensuring that bids are submitted in a timely manner as per Network Rail Periodic updates and are to the correct standard
- Participating in and contribute to project review meetings
- Working with all members of the bids team to ensure the precision and clarity of our proposal submissions (editing, checking, and re-writing).
- Compiling and logically organising content to be included in documents
- Assisting in the final preparation for tender submission presentation and or print of documents, ensuring that the material meets the client/requestor requirements, is structured and formatted logically, and that issues, inconsistencies, and other problems are resolved
Required experience, knowledge, qualifications and training:
- Highest level of writing, editing, proof reading and ability in English required
- Previous experience and technical terminology related to major rail, airport, infrastructure, ports/harbours and other company projects and segments
- Relevant and progressively responsible editorial experience (marketing and/or technical writing and editing)
- Have proven experience of working across a broad spectrum of rail / civils projects
- Quick and sure grasp of Technical Information with the ability to make technical, commercial and any / all information understandable to varied disciplines
- Ability to build personal and team relationships
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the civil engineering role within Rail and possess an appropriate qualification in civil engineering (HNC/HND/Degree)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
Desirable experience, knowledge, qualifications and training:
- Experience in project work, engineering/designconstruction industry would be a plus
- Demonstrate commercial acumen
Location: Abergavenny, Gwent, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1079