Salary: Competitive Salary
Shift hours: Full Time
Help us create the perfect blend!
We’re currently recruiting a driven Barista to help us create beautifully crafted drinks for Defence on a full time basis, contracted to 35 hours per week. As a Barista, you will use your skills to deliver first-class service and perfectly crafted coffees to our customers. You’ll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your talent to Defence? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working 30 contracted hours a week on a shift between 7am and 5pm with possible overtime available. This is Monday – Friday work only with no weekend or evening work.
- Preparing perfectly blended drinks and serving high-quality food that delights our customers
- Keeping the bar area clean
- Receiving and processing payments (cash and credit cards)
- Being an enthusiastic team player and excellent communicator
- Maintaining stock of clean mugs and plates
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation and presentation techniques
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Representing Defence and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Barista will:
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have previous experience in customer service
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/2311/62575004/52532025/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.