Salary: £8.91 – £8.91
Shift hours: Part Time
To Provide an efficient bar service for Mess Members. To control bar stocks and takings (cash and chit system) in strict accordance with company procedures.
- To maintain high standards of personal, operational hygiene and presentation. Conduct must remain professional at all times.
- To provide a professional service of wines, spirits, beers and associated products ensuring accurate measures and charges. Waiting time for customers should be kept to a minimum.
- To take responsibility for cash and stock whilst on shift ensuring that they are controlled at all times. Security Procedures must be followed. To cash up after each shift in strict adherence to company policy.
- Maintain temperature checks of all fridges and coolers.
- To assist the manager in stocktaking.
- To take part in functions as required.
- To stock up bar from the store.
- To ensure the correct use, storage and control of machinery, equipment, cleaning materials and chemicals, ensuring that you follow safe methods of work at all times.
- Immediate reporting of any defects to your line manager.
- Ensure that the bar area maintains a high level of cleanliness by strict adherence to the cleaning roster and effective clearance ensuring that the bar environment is free from debris and dirty glasses at all times.
- To ensure that glasses are checked for cleanliness before use, dirty glasses are cleared regularly.
- To comply with Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- It is a requirement that all bar staff act with utmost discretion at all times and act in a professional manner. If there are any concerns reference Mess Members behaviour inform your line manager immediately do not try to deal with a situation yourself.
- Maintenance of the company Quality Control Procedures.
- To develop your own skills within the scope of this position.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Basic knowledge of health & safety
- Good knowledge of beverage service and associated products
- Polite and courteous manner
Location: Aldershot, England