Are you an outstanding Psychiatrist looking for your next challenge which allows you to work flexibly?
We are looking for On Call Doctors to provide on call cover to our well-established Psychiatry Teams based at Cygnet Hospital Colchester providing cover across week nights, weekends and bank holidays.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester is a 54 bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Your role responsibilities…
- Ensure that the ward is at all times aware of contact arrangements, and that those arrangements are always in place and they enable the ward to make contact immediately in the event of an admission or clinical emergency
- Respond immediately to contact from the ward and be immediately available to travel to reach the hospital
- Attend the hospital to assess, physically examine, and initiate immediate management of every admission, maintaining high professional standards
- Keep clinical records to a satisfactory standard.
- Report clinically to the responsible clinician for individual patients and to the Medical Director, who will be responsible for maintaining standards of service
- Prescribe and review medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist and undertake clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care
- Maintain good communication with the multi-disciplinary team and nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day.
- Ensure that the wards are not left without medical cover at any time during the duty period and that any urgent clinical situation is properly and safely managed, and stabilised
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Weekday rate: £200
- Weekend rate: £250
- First call out: £50
As well as…
- The ability to work alongside an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team
- Free parking
- Paid for Private Indemnity covered by Cygnet
- Paid DBS
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
We are looking for someone who is…
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables 2,200 individuals across 108 services to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the link to apply or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: CYG28672