Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a service for women with complex mental health needs. Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four different specialist wards including mental health with learning disability, personality disorder, PICU and low secure.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual/Bank Driver with previous healthcare experience to facilitate patient transport service needs of the hospital as and when required including weekends.
You will be booked in advance of planned service users leave/appointments/transfers and will be responsible for ensuring the company vehicle used is refuelled and to check the vehicle before going out and after return, keeping it clean inside and out and reporting any faults/damage.
The post holder will need to demonstrate each of the following:
- Hold a valid full UK driving license with no more than 3 points & must be able to drive an automatic vehicle
- Extensive experience of driving in cities and motorways, both day and night time
- Ideally have some previous healthcare experience
- Able to navigate around an area using sat nav or maps
- Able to plan and keep to a schedule
- Physically fit for getting in and out of vehicles and loading and unloading
- Willing to work unsupervised
- Good customer service skills to enable you to work in partnership with the escorting clinical staff and colleagues to provide the best standard of care to our patients especially when dealing with patients
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation skills
This role is bank work on a shift basis, which you will be at liberty to accept or decline. Shifts will be to cover Mon-Sun including weekends/Bank Holidays. Each casual/bank worker shift constitutes a separate engagement and shall be deemed to be unconnected. Between periods of work there are no subsisting obligations on either party. You will be paid only for the hours you have chosen to work, at the agreed hourly rate of £11.82 (including rolled up AL). Tax and National Insurance will be deducted as appropriate. Payments will normally be made by credit transfer on the last working day of the month for any hours worked from the 15th of the previous month to the 14th of the current month.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply below
Job Reference: CYG29291