Associate Scientific Director
Wood Lane, London, W12
Who we are
Langland, a Publicis Health company, is the only health communications agency that thinks further across Clinical Trial Experience, Medical Strategy & Education, Public Relations & Policy, and Advertising, to create unique value with visionary clients.
What we believe
Health brings us together. In the diseases we suffer, the medicines we create, and the causes we champion, health shows us our collective humanity. When we break the barriers that divide us, when we think further, we can create healthier futures, together.
A passion for craft
Having expert thinking is only part of our story. To ensure excellence in everything we make, we have centred our disciplines around three essential crafts: science, strategy and creativity.
As an Associate Scientific Director within Langland's award-winning Medical Strategy & Education Team, you will lead a high performing writing team, being accountable for scientific knowledge and content development on one large account and/or several smaller accounts for the business. You will Think Further to inspire and motivate the team; optimise medical writing practices; and proactively develop and advocate for individual members and the wider team, both internally and externally. You will be seen as a leader of scientific knowledge, content creation, and medical communications activities.
We are seeking an emerging business leader, with a strong heritage in medical communications and demonstrated ability at innovating to solve problems.
Responsibilities are broad, but may include:
- Contributing to performance management, reward and recognition, and professional development and training for your team
- Supporting Client Services with resource alignment to optimise team performance and people development; supporting with recruitment as needed to optimise team performance
- Helping elevate the external reputation of Langland across experts, clients and competitors
- Providing critical review of materials ad hoc, without expert level knowledge
- Leading scientific pitch research and presentation for MSE opportunities
- Providing active counsel and recommendations to clients, partnering with client teams to develop editorial and content plans and optimising the impact of the writing team
- Maintaining high profile visibility within the agency as a content and scientific expert across multiple therapy areas
- Proactively identifying opportunities and threats to the team, and evolving business needs
- Considerable experience within a medical communications agency, preferably within a medical writing team, demonstrating:
- Inclusive, inspirational leadership
- Overarching scientific and content leadership for accounts
- Responsibility for maintaining high editorial and scientific standards across a team
- Development of writing talent through direct line management and training
- An aptitude for identifying opportunities/threats and developing appropriate solutions
- An ability to motivate and inspire people, and elevate standards of content curation
- Strong internal, client and expert relationships
An inclusive workplace
The more diverse our team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational our culture and our work will become. Here are some of the ways we help promote diversity at Publicis Health.
- Diversity & Inclusion management
- Anonymised CV submissions
- Mandatory unconscious bias training
- Career and school programmes to build industry access for people from mixed socio-economic backgrounds
- Support communities for women, LGBTQ+, BAME employees and their allies.
- A mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
Publicis Groupe has committed €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.