In a Nutshell…
We have a new opportunity for an Assistant Site Manager to join our team within Countryside Partnerships Manchester & Cheshire East at our sites in Hill Top Road & Gaw End Lane. As our Assistant Site Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager and Site Manager in the day to day control of the site, management and delivery of project works and in the day to day management and delivery of a larger scale housing project.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car or car allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Someone who is self-sufficient, works independently and can deliver projects with some support from visiting Contracts Manager.
- A solid `builder` that can identify problems, communicate solutions, and ultimately drive the project to completion to an agreed programme
- Be hands on, boots on site and interacting with the trades and their supervision
- Able to work on any project secured by the business within a reasonable locality. Job is site based and Reporting to Contracts Manager
- SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid, Scaffold inspection qualification
More about the Assistant Site Manager role…
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the safety policy
- Working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Maintain site cleanliness and presentation on site at all times
- Responsibility for the successful completion of the overall project and to lead by example in all that they do, managing the day to day delivery of construction project, quality, time, procurement, contractors
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress; provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved.
- Follow Vistry site procedures and maintain all daily, weekly, and monthly site paperwork as is required to be audit compliant
- Involved with the management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines under supervision from a Contract Manager
- Produces and regularly reviews short term programmes in line with the overall project programme (including procurement & Design & Build) to ensure completion on time under the supervision of Contract Manager
- Ensure that detailed plans are available commensurate with the overall project plan such that material/resources/supply chain can be delivered to meet scheduled deadlines
- Appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these into decision making working closely with the project Surveyor
- Liaise with Contract Manager to ensure that they are fully aware of project progress and is notified of all financial, specification and time risks ensuring that all additional work is identified
- Embrace learning and development opportunities that are available within a progressive company
- Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of procedures and help to identify opportunities for improvement
- Understand those sustainable practices relevant to your role, helping to identify opportunities for improvement
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 301 Bridgewater Place,Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6XG