In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Site Manager to join our team within Vistry Western , at our Orchard Grove development in Comeytrowe, Taunton,TA4 1EL.
This is a long term project with multiple build phases allowing you to progress in your career whilst delivering the same project.
As our Assistant Site Manager, you will support the Site Manager in the day-to-day control of the site, management and delivery of project works and in the day-to-day management and delivery of a larger scale housing project.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Self-sufficient, can work independently and can deliver projects with some support from visiting Contracts Manager.
- A solid `builder` that can identify problems, communicate solutions, and ultimately drive the project to completion to an agreed programme
- Be hands on, boots on site and interacting with the trades and their supervision
- Able to work on any project secured by the business within a reasonable locality. Job is site based and Reporting to Contracts Manager
- SMSTS, CSCS, First Aid, Scaffold inspection qualification
More about the Assistant Site Manager role…
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of the general public, staff and supply chain within their control under the strict observance of the safety policy
- Working safely, stopping work if unsafe and speaking up to address any safety concerns
- Participate in safety initiatives
- Maintain site cleanliness and presentation on site at all times
- Responsibility for the successful completion of the overall project and to lead by example in all that they do, managing the day-to-day delivery of construction project, quality, time, procurement, contractors
- Manage sub-contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress; provide direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved
- Follow Vistry site procedures and maintain all daily, weekly, and monthly site paperwork as is required to be audit compliant
- Involved with the management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines under supervision from a Contract Manager
- Produces and regularly reviews short term programmes in line with the overall project programme (including procurement & Design & Build) to ensure completion on time under the supervision of Contract Manager
- Ensure that detailed plans are available commensurate with the overall project plan such that material/resources/supply chain can be delivered to meet scheduled deadlines
- Appreciate the commercial implications and drivers within the construction process and incorporate these into decision making working closely with the project Surveyor
- Liaise with Contract Manager to ensure that they are fully aware of project progress and is notified of all financial, specification and time risks ensuring that all additional work is identified
- Embrace learning and development opportunities that are available within a progressive company
- Understand and carry out the role specific requirements of procedures and help to identify opportunities for improvement
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Linden House, The Jacobs Building,Berkeley Place, Bristol, BS8 1EH