Assistant Site Manager (Southern Home Counties Business)
Project Based, with flexibility for occasional remote working
We are looking for an experienced and talented Assistant Site Manager to
assist the Site Management Team with the construction of the development proceeds efficiently, in accordance with the programme and within the budgeted costs allocated within the Southern Home Counties Business. This position is project based, with flexibility for occasional remote working
About Morgan Sindall
Morgan Sindall Construction is an Investors in People Platinum employer providingnational construction services to private and public sector customers across a range of markets. Together, we create great results for our customers, partners and people. We are one of the UK’S most successful Tier 1 contractors. As a progressive and ambitious company, our employees benefit from a safe and rewarding working environment.
About the role:
You will be working within our Construction London & Home Counties business, where you will:
- Assist with the planning and development of policies and procedures, improvement plans and measures for creating a safe working environment in pursuit of achieving our 100% Safe goal and Perfect Delivery
- Ensure compliance with the Customer’s and Morgan Sindall’s requirements and safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) policies
- Control and coordinate subcontractors ensuring full compliance and adherence to procedures and method statements
- Deputise for the site manager in occasions of absence
- Ensure effective control of subcontractors, maintaining all necessary quality control checks to ensure the required standard by complying with the relevant specification and working practices
- Undertake regular site inspections ensuring customer quality standards are achieved
- Maintain, complete and report on site quality, inspection and test, waste management and environmental plans
- Implement all measures necessary to ensure site safety
- Contribute to the monitoring of progress at site and prepare and daily weekly progress reports to the site manager
- Assist with the performance and assessment of subcontractors
- Manage and administer various subcontracts including:
- Regular site progress meetings and prepare instructions to subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate subcontractors’ claims for payment
- Coordinate deliveries to the site, ensuring that material supplies are available
- Ensure that technical enquiries are processed accordingly
- Ensure that any outstanding works are completed
Ideally you will have:
Achieved or working towards achieving professional academic construction qualification
The ability to travel and support projects in and around Sussex.
Significant experience in the main contracting market with experience of working on schemes between £5 and £20 million.
What are we looking for?
As an experienced Assistant Site Manager, you will have a good understanding of construction practices and standards, good organisational and supervision skills, SMSTS, First Aid, CSCS card & degree qualified. Ability to manage a given list of tasks and to work well either alone or as part of a team.
To thrive in our business, you should share our passion for the project at hand and enjoy working in an inclusive and hardworking team environment. At Morgan Sindall Construction our employees work collectively, encouraging and challenging each other to succeed. Across our business we treat everyone equally and have developed a community where voices are heard, and respected.
What can we offer you?
Working in our Southern Home Counties business, you will be part of a growing and dynamic team of people who are passionate about what they do and enjoy the challenge and pace of work in a hardworking and fun construction environment. No day will be the same and we challenge each other to deliver what’s right for our customers.
Our culture is so important to us and defines the way we go about our business. We are inclusive, supportive and team focused and take pride in the longstanding and committed relationships we have with our supply chain partners.
Our culture places a huge amount of trust in our team – we all know what is expected of us and we are committed to delivering as individuals and as a team.
We are Morgan Sindall Construction London and Home Counties Region
Our people in London and Home Counties are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve our Perfect Delivery philosophy. The success of this strategy to:
find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, enabling us to focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of: education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, leisure, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
Our commitment to our people is as strong as the commitment to our clients. At Morgan Sindall Construction we recognise that our employees play a vital role in helping us achieve our goals. As a result, the company develops and promotes these employees who share their same sense of dedication. Our strength is our people whose skills, knowledge and integrity keep us at the forefront of our industry.
If you are interested in furthering your career in an inclusive and supportive environment, apply to us today.
Morgan Sindall Construction seeks to recruit the best person for each of our roles, based on merit alone and free from bias. We’re committed to treating all our job applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their background, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
We recruit individuals who embody our core values of professionalism, expertise and trust which has given us a fantastic variety of people and cultures across our organisation.
We celebrate our diverse teams who make Morgan Sindall Construction the inclusive, collaborative and rewarding place it is to work. We hire the best in the industry, provide them the support to achieve their goals and challenge them to make a real impact on our business. If you want to join an organisation that truly sees and harnesses what makes you unique, apply to us today.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Our aim is to create a workplace built on acceptance, respect, and inclusion, where everyone feels that they belong and can make a meaningful contribution. We encourage applicants regardless of religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family, or parental status.Morgan Sindall Construction is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation. Our recruitment process should be accessible to all. If you need any assistance or accommodation during the recruitment process, please email.