Salary: £21000 Per Annum
Shift hours: Full Time
Working at RAF Waddington just outside Lincoln you will work to ensure you enhance the customer experience and reputation of ESS by effective management of the retail units in accordance with the retail plan, and within company standards and procedures. This will include the management of retail to deliver the sales, GP and profit to the unit while maintaining compliance with all company procedures.
Tasks associated with the role include;
- To ensure the delivery of the Retail services in a multi-unit operation is in accordance with the retail plan, brand standards and company procedures.
- Responsible for delivering the expected retail sales, GP & increasing retail sales through effective promotion of the offer.
- Ensuring compliance and brand standards for Cafes, Bar, Subway and Costcutter.
- Responsible for ensuring the units operate compliantly and the team are trained to effectively promote and rotate day parts. Ensure product availability throughout the day and monitor and analyse trends to manage waste within agreed parameters.
- Providing accurate data for management reporting on time and to deadlines.
- To ensure the Compass policies, procedures and controlled documents are up to date and implemented correctly in your area including HSE
- To ensure the Retail team are engaged and managed effectively to achieve their service performance targets
- Train, coach and mentor team members to ensure that they have the sufficient skills for their role and model the ESS values.
- To manage the labour within the target operating Model (TOM), equipment & resources budget for the contract in line with site targets.
- Review weekly and monthly the financial performance of your units and to ensure that all invoices and charges are raised/billed correctly. Raise and resolve dispute with suppliers for any discrepancies and ensure all invoiced payments are received within agreed timescales. Review all labour and sundry spend to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Responsible for managing the units, closing units weekly to target, completing stock checks accurately, planning and ordering in line with anticipated forecast, forecasting weekly sales and customer volumes, managing stock and cash in line with targets.
We are seeking an individual with the following skillset;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and experience of managing client and stakeholder relationships within a complex client environment. Excellent IT skills is essential.
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience managing retail operations in a commercial environment, preferable in a defence setting. Experience of café, bar, shop and Subway operations would be an advantage.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- Previous experience of managing P&L’s and can evidence how they are able to drive sales and reduce costs. Able to understand the commercial consequences of changing requirements and the impact on the P&L
- “Can Do” attitude and excellent at managing change to drive innovation and service excellence.
- Full UK manual driving licence
Location: Raf Waddington Lincoln