In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our team within Countryside Partnerships North West Midlands, at our office in Wolverhampton. As our Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for assisting the Commercial department with cost management for assigned developments from land procurement to the completion of sub-contract final accounts and assisting with measurement and cost plan input for new land bids.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- ONC/HNC in Construction
- A good understanding or building regulations and legal obligations
- A good knowledge or construction methods and materials
- Experience within a Residential Housebuilder
- Strong mathematical and IT ability
- Good understanding of standard measurement rules
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- Good understanding of budget management
- Negotiating and networking skills
- COINS systems management knowledge
- Strong commitment to achieving deadlines
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials
More about the Assistant Quantity Surveyor role…
- Provide general assistance to the Commercial department as and when required.
- Assist with the compiling of tender packages for sub-contract trades.
- Receive tenders and assist with the analysis sheet for each trade comparing tender levels.
- Assist with the issuing of sub-contract orders in accordance with Group Policy and Commercial Best Practice to budget and within programme requirements, including attend sub-contract pre-order meetings.
- Ensure invoices/applications for payments are processed in accordance with Standard Terms and Conditions of Contract.
- Set up and regularly review with the Site Management team the Mticks tick sheet to facilitate sub-contract contract work payment.
- Diligently use the systems and processes to manage site project administration, including orders, variations, valuations, etc.
- Assist the commercial team in the management of aged debt.
- Assist with collation of data to maintain database information.
- Attend departmental/project meetings as required.
- Deal with queries/requisitions from site managers.
- Maintain open lines of communication with colleagues in other departments.
- Issue Payment Withhold Notices, where a contractor application, or part thereof, is in dispute in accordance with Construction Act.
- Immediately advise management of notification of impending claim or legal action arising from a disputed claim or payment from a Sub-Contractor/Service Provider.
- Diligently use the Vistry COINS system to manage site project administration, including orders, variations, valuations, etc.
- Assist with producing high level and detailed cost plans to assist Land department with bidding on potential sites, including measurement of items outside of standard build costs.
- Regularly conduct site visits.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 3rd Floor,i10 Wolverhampton Interchange,Railway Drive, Wolverhampton, WV1 1LH