Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are passionate about celebrating our customers’ life moments and are now looking for an Assistant Merchandise Planner to join our very successful Card Factory family. You will be a key member of the expanding Merchandise Planning function within the Commercial team, reporting into the Senior Merchandise Planning Manager. You will support the delivery our 5 year strategy through range planning, intake and stock management, promotional activity & maximising our profit and sales opportunities.
- Assist in the Open to Buy Management and WSSI process of either Card or Non Card categories in line with the budget and end of year stock targets.
- Analyse previous range performance data at line level, putting forward recommendations to drive growth and aid buying decisions.
- Forecast in week, in month, and distribute weekly reports providing insight into sales performance; alongside creating ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Support the creation of both everyday and seasonal buy plans to deliver budgets, using customer insight & analysis of historical data; to produce a financial roll up that is presented to Senior Management.
- Support the Senior Merchandise Planning Manager on a day to day basis with ad hoc analysis.
- Working closely with the buyers and demand planners to ensure sufficient stock in the business to hit sales targets, and end to end control of stock from intake through to sell through at item level.
- Current or recent experience as an Assistant Merchandise Planner/ Merchandise Planning Administrator
- Strong Excel skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong analytical & numerical skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of internal & external teams.
- Works well under pressure
- Attention to detail
Salary Details: Competitive salary and benefits package
Location: Century House Brunel Road Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
Job Reference: cardfac/TP/65/10743