Salary: Excellent Salary + Bonus + Benefits
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Area Operations Manager – East (Caledonian) to join our team managing various sites across the Caledonian Region based at our Cloddach operations you will be responsible for all quarry operations at Cloddach, Caysbriggs and Cairdshill. This key role will lead multiple sites to ensure that all materials and product are safely and efficiently produced and dispatched within expected budgetary constraints to meet or exceed customer requirements.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the General Manager (North and Scotland Caledonian) this multi-site role of Area Operations Manager – East (Caledonian) has overall responsibility for the day-to-day safe operation of the sites with particular focus on meeting and exceeding production targets, cost containment, safety, health and environmental standards and employee motivation and management. The role of Area Operations Manager – East (Caledonian) is also responsible for:
- Optimising by monitoring production forecasts and site resources in the most cost-effective way
- Working with site team to actively seek opportunities to achieve more sustainable ways of working and ensure strategic initiatives are delivered
- Owning site improvement plans, accountable for delivery against agreed targets
- Delivery of HSE performance for the area
- Contractor management and performance review
- Responsible for driving a preventative approach to maintenance, allocating maintenance resource accordingly
- Ensuring sites always have competent managerial cover in line with regulatory legislation
- Developing operational teams and succession plans within sites – leading, coaching and mentoring members of the team
- Managing investments to ensure they are delivered safely on time and within budget
- Stock management across the sites and linking with the supply chain team on correct sourcing decisions
- Working in partnership with customer services and commercial department maximising company performance through stock management and product opportunities
The ideal candidate for the role of Area Operations Manager – East (Caledonian) will be able to successfully lead multiple operational teams and possess experience of influencing and engaging multi-functional teams, leading by example preferably within the extraction industry or similar. An understanding of the construction materials business including knowledge and applications of aggregates and Ready Mix concrete is preferred.
The key to your success will be your exceptional communication skills. As an influential and persuasive leader, you will have a successful track record in managing, developing, motivating and inspiring both direct reports and people in your wider organisation to cultivate strong, engaged and competent teams.
Suitable candidates for the role of Area Operations Manager – East (Caledonian) will demonstrate:
- Ability to manage financial accounts across multiple operational sites, understanding how to set and manage budgets and establish site costs including cost benefit analysis
- Understanding of HSE policies, standards, and legislation, where they fit in and how health and safety should be managed. Ideally NEBOSH qualified with relevant NVQ qualification
- Indepth understanding of Quarries Regs 1999 to ensure full compliance with regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to plan, structure and present meetings and briefings
- Well organised work style, able to manage competing priorities, planning ahead for work activities and projects
- Analytical approach to monitoring trends, interpreting results and making data-driven decisions
- Critical thinking skills, obtaining and evaluating information from the teams across the sites to take critical operational decisions
Location: Elgin, Morayshire, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/4345