Salary: £22,800 Competitive + Benefits Package
Are you a school or college leaver, or potentially looking for a change of career? If so; then please read on as we may just have the Apprentice role for you…
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Come and join us as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor at Tarmac, based at our Norwich Offices in Norfolk, you’ll get hands on experience in various tasks that will help develop your skills, qualify and allow you to progress within the business!
The role is easily commutable from Norwich, Wymondham, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Sheringham, Thetford, Swaffham, Fakenham, Cromer, Kings Lynn, Downham Market, Beccles, Gillingham, The Broads, Aylesham, North Walsham, Dereham and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor you will be bringing life to various projects! You will be in a client facing role, building strong relationships with the customers. The role will involve working both indoors and outdoors, engaging with numerous departments. At Tarmac, we will make sure your safety is our priority by providing full protective clothing.
Duties may include (not exhaustive):
- Learning about the different business functions and what our contacting business does
- Reviewing and preparing client accounts
- Quantifying projects from drawings
- Generating payments and sub-contract purchase orders
- Understand Tarmac’s financial cycle and how and when documents need to be submitted to meet tight deadlines
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
As an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor it won’t always be glamorous, however your safety and health is our number one priority. Your colleagues are there to help and look out for each other, and safety is everyone’s responsibility.
While learning in your day-to-day role, you will complete our Professional Development Programme, giving you a good grounding to start an exciting career in our industry.
Further details of the qualification can be found here:
*Please note you must be able to travel between site and college for this apprenticeship
What you will get from us in the role of Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
- Your line manager and mentor will give you help and guidance throughout your apprenticeship programme
- Your Operational colleagues, who most of your daily interactions will be with will provide support and knowledge
- Health and Safety Team, always on hand to make sure we are working safely, although safety is everyone’s responsibility!
- Human Resources, here to support the development of your career with Tarmac
- Construction quantity surveying technician, Level 4 (Higher national certificate)
- Core Skills- Whilst you’re learning on the job, you’ll attend our Core Skills Development Programme designed to expand your business knowledge, strengthen core skills and offer networking opportunities with other graduates, higher apprentices and key stakeholders across the Tarmac business in order to successfully transition into your destination role
- The training will be both compulsory on site; and attendance to college for this Apprenticeship
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Educational Qualifications required for the role of Apprentice Quantity Surveyor:
You must have 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English with grades (A-C) or numbered equivalent (9-4). PLUS, A Level DD or; BTEC National Diploma PPP or; Access to HE Diploma with 21 Merits or; Level 3 Apprenticeship in related subject or; Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 64 UCAS points.
- Safety first mindset
- Practical and hands-on
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
- Passionate about working safely
- A team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/5140