Analyst (Digital Media)
Wood Lane, London, W12
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship DEI and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst (Digital Media exp) to join our Digital, Data, and Tech Team. As a Data Analyst at Starcom, you will play a crucial role in supporting our media planning and recommendations by providing insightful analysis of audience and media performance. You will have the opportunity to work with industry-leading tools, and collaborate with a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to pushing the boundaries of digital media.
Some of your responsibilities will include surfacing insights for audience activation, supporting the development of KPI frameworks, supporting attribution modelling, and developing testing frameworks as part of an ongoing learning agenda.
Bringing data to life for the purpose of driving media strategy
- Perform exploratory analysis with business and media performance data to inform future planning
- Communicate with client on data opportunities, working with internal teams to build proposals and business cases for agency revenue growth
- Contribute to case study and award writing to demonstrate insight derived
- Supporting data-driven media optimisation
- Work closely with media and strategy teams to identify opportunities to improve media performance through insight and analysis
- Underpin development of audience strategy by pulling insight across paid, owned, and earned media across a multitude of disparate sources (ad servers, APIs, etc.)
- Be the team expert on which behaviours, attitudes and signals are fundamental to campaign success, ultimately driving planning and execution efforts
- Developing measurement plans in support of data driven learning agendas
- Deliver performance analysis throughout a campaign life cycle, reporting cross-channel and cross-media, lead insights delivery internally and externally
- Partner with key vendors and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for custom research, attribution solutions, and pilot/test new measurement platforms
- Building data visualizations to connect with stakeholders less savvy in data analysis
- Actively developing yourself as an analyst and keeping current with industry developments
To be succssful in this role you will need:
- Relentless in the pursuit of finding insights in the data to drive growth and business
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team across departments to develop solutions
- Strong analytics skills, gleaning insights from measurement tools (GA, ad server data, etc.).
- In-depth experience analysing, interpreting and visualising data
- Understanding of data applications and propositions in the industry to develop solutions
- Digital practitioner with paid media or digital agency experience across digital channels
- Preferred background in media performance reporting, optimisations
- Highly organized and high attention to detail
- Comfortable in client-facing role
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.