Salary: Attractive salary and benefits
European Metal Recycling is an established business seeking a degree level or AAT qualified accountant to join a global leader in our field.
Our Group Finance and Accounts function based at Warrington continues to grow in line with the success of the business. EMR’s dedicated Finance team co-ordinate a range of company transactions and help ensure business strategies can be achieved.
As an Accounts Assistant at EMR, you will have responsibility for areas of the balance sheet ensuring accuracy and integrity is maintained. This is a key role which will provide the successful applicant with a wide breadth of experience.
- Daily completion of bank reconciliations for multiple, mixed currency accounts
- Management of the Fixed Asset Register
- Efficient and accurate processing of fixed asset transactions (including additions, disposals and depreciation) ensuring all postings are reconciled to the general ledger
- Responsibility for the integrity of data flows from interfaced systems, month end and year end close activities
- Posting general ledger journals in relation to direct debit and credit card payments and cash deliveries
- Providing support to our depots in regards to payments via bank transfer, cheques and cheque cashing
- Proven track record in a similar financial role
- Degree/AAT qualified (or equivalent)
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of excel
- Able to develop and build relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Good team player and self motivated with a high degree of drive and enthusiasm
Hours per week: 40