Hours: 22.5 hours per week
2 Year Fixed Term Post
This is a great opportunity for an experienced project manager to work with St Margaret’s Hospice Executive Team to manage a broad range of change and improvement plans aligned to the Hospice’s strategy delivering long-term financial sustainability and benefits for all stakeholders.
You will be able to use creative and effective agile working approaches to drive projects forward with an emphasis on supporting the services/ teams through changes and achieving the best outcomes.
You will be accountable for including but not limited to:
- Developing and defining protocols, processes; prepare presentations, plans, RAID logs and change controls to deliver projects across all directorates to achieve measurable, best value improvements aligned to key targets.
- Clearly articulate the purpose of projects to stakeholders, enabling participation and engagement
- Pro-actively engage with stakeholders, building trust, positive experiences and buy-in throughout the project.
- Write compelling business cases using business analytics to support ideas, innovative solutions that will drive modernisation.
- Develop and maintain resourced delivery plans that comprehensively cover all aspects of the given projects, identifying and managing all interdependencies.
- Deploy technical project management tools and prepare documents to facilitate regular reporting including, flag risks/ issues, manage resources and track outcomes achieved.
- Provide peer support, advice, coach, encourage and hold people to account for delivering their responsibilities within all project areas.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in managing complex projects through to delivery across a range of organisations
- Proven involvement in service redesign processes
- Good understanding of project management methodologies and experience in project planning, including project co-ordination facilitation implementation, benefits realisation.
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting complex financial and analytical information to support the development of strategic plans
- Experience of collaboration with a range of stakeholders, using and adapting a range of communication styles to suit the situation including influencing, negotiating, facilitating, and directing
What we offer
In return we offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset.
- If eligible you will be automatically enrolled in the Hospice pension plan
- Free car parking.
- Confidential and free 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
Our Core Competencies are:
Self-awareness: Understanding and being aware of yourself and how to react and interact with others
Leading in your area: Regardless of management position, we all lead and take responsibility in our area of work
Working with others: People working together to achieve team and organisational goals and respecting others
Outcomes and results: Organising ourselves to get the job done, delivering a high-quality service, and being accountable for the outcomes
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how they will use Core Competencies to help us put our values into practice.
For further information
To arrange an informal conversation please contact Cathryn Howse, or Gay Colbeck,
Closing date: 20th March 2022
Interviews: 28th March 2022